Our team at Cole Chiropractic Center in Cordova, TN works with people of all ages struggling with shoulder pain. When you first visit our office, our chiropractor will evaluate your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your shoulder pain before creating a chiropractic care plan to address it. Over time, chiropractic adjustments will relieve your pain, restore your mobility, and improve your body’s natural ability to repair itself.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Most of us experience the occasional twinge or ache in our shoulders. But when symptoms like pain, weakness, and decreased range of motion persist, there might be something more significant going on. Some of the most common shoulder pain conditions we diagnose and treat at our clinic include:
- Muscle strains
- Tendon inflammation
- Tendon tears
- Labrum tears
- Shoulder dislocation
- Frozen shoulder syndrome
In some cases, shoulder pain can also be referred from an underlying issue in the neck or upper spine, such as cervical radiculopathy or whiplash.
Risk Factors for Shoulder Pain
You will be more likely to experience an acute or chronic shoulder pain condition if you have:
- Poor posture
- A job or hobby that requires frequent pulling, lifting, or repetitive movement of the shoulders
- Any other sort of physical trauma like an auto accident injury, sports injury, or personal injury
- Certain health conditions or have undergone certain treatments
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is treatable with customized, comprehensive care from an experienced chiropractor. Here are a few examples of what Dr. Don Edwards Cole can do for you or your loved one:
- Chiropractic adjustments of the spine trigger the nervous system to produce pain-relieving chemicals in your brain, which promotes natural pain relief and reduces inflammation
- Corrective exercises support your specific goals and stage of recovery and can help with tissue healing, range of motion, shoulder alignment, posture, or strength
- Massage therapy promotes circulation, minimizes scar tissue formation, and reduces swelling and pain
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling support your body's healing from within, so you'll know which types of foods, supplements, postures, sleeping styles, and other factors can optimize your shoulder's healing
Contact Our Chiropractor in Cordova, TN for Shoulder Pain Treatment
At Cole Chiropractic Center, we have been providing residents of Cordova, TN with natural and effective shoulder pain treatment for many years. Chiropractic adjustments performed will depend on the cause and severity of your shoulder pain. Call us today at (901) 755-5515 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.