Treatment for Sport Injuries
There is nothing more bothersome than struggling with a nagging sports injury. Sports injuries are injuries that occur while participating in sports activities. Sports injuries can arise due to over-training, improper conditioning, or unconventional techniques when you fail to warm-up.
Individuals that participate in sports are more susceptible to tendon injuries and bone fractures than others of the same age. Sports injuries range from mild to severe. Contact our chiropractors at Cole Chiropractic Center in Cordova for sports injury treatment.
The Causes of Sports Injuries
- Overuse: Chronic wear and tear of the muscles can lead to muscle strains and cramps
- Improper rehabilitation of a sports injury
- Imbalance during training sessions
- Improper warm-up routine
Preventing Sports Injuries
Observing the following guidelines can prevent sports injuries:
- Wear protective gear like helmets, protective pads, and other kits
- Warm-up and cool down appropriately
- Follow the rules of the game
- Do not engage in play if you are on the injury list
- Watch out for the safety of others
Chiropractors Treat Sports injuries
Sports injuries are not only limited to professional athletes. Your body is vulnerable to several types of injuries. Participating in high-impact contact games such as tennis, soccer, rugby, and running can cause injuries even to a novice athlete. Some of these injuries include:
- Neck pain triggered by harsh impacts
- Shin splints
- Back pain propagated by subluxations, fractures, and ruptured discs
- Tennis or Golfers elbow
How Does a Chiropractor Treat a Sports Injury?
Our chiropractors help athletes by providing pain relief for their injuries and helping them recover faster. Chiropractic care promotes quicker recovery for sports injuries and better balance and overall performance. To start your sports injury treatment, the chiropractor will ask you questions about your health and conduct a structural exam of your posture, spine, and balance. We will examine your back, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Each treatment plan is customized and often include a combination of the following:
- Spinal mobilization: This modality uses a tool or uncomplicated stretches to ease the pressure on the joints.
- Spinal adjustments: The chiropractor will place you in different positions and conduct a manual adjustment to the affected joint.
- Electric Stimulation: Mild electrical pulses are sent into the muscles to reduce pain.
- Cold Therapy and Heat Therapy
Contact Our Chiropractors in Cordova, TN
If you are experiencing pain caused by a sports injury and live in or around Cordova, our chiropractors at Cole Chiropractic Center are here to help! Call our team today at (901) 755-5515 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.